Towndev Limited (“TOWN”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how and why TOWN collects personal data about you when you visit this website (sunnisidesunderland.com
) in respect of the Sunniside masterplan project, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We also explain about the rights you have about how your data is used and how to get in touch if there is a problem. The privacy notice may be supplemented by other, more specific privacy notices from time to time and they should be read together in such cases. These notices will be linked to this site, so you can read them all in one place.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice gives you information on how TOWN collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website and/or when contacting TOWN (or those acting on its behalf) in respect of the Sunniside masterplan.
Who we are
TOWN is the Data Controller for any data we collect about you on this website and is responsible for any personal data (collectively referred to as TOWN, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice) collected through your use of this website and any communication with you in relation to the Sunniside masterplan, including community engagement activities, opportunities to provide feedback and any related marketing activities which you have consented to receive from us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including requests to exercise your information rights, please contact our Director using the details set out below:
Name of responsible Director: Jonny Anstead
Postal address: Reeds Wharf, 33 Mill Street, London SE1 2AX
What personal data we collect and what do we do with it
When you visit this website, we will collect your personal data for specific purposes which we have set out below:
- Contact information provided by you, such as your name and email address, which may be used to contact you to follow up on enquiries.
- In order to comply with data protection legislation, we need to specify a lawful basis for processing. When we use your data for these purposes, our lawful basis is considered to be legitimate interest.
- Contact information, such as your name and email address, provided by you in order to receive marketing communications.
- Our lawful basis for processing personal data for direct marketing is consent. When you receive marketing messages from us, you will have the option to withdraw consent at any time, without detriment to you. We act on withdrawals of consent as soon as we can.
- In order to improve our products and services, we will routinely review feedback and analyse what people tell us. When we do this, we will remove any personal data wherever possible. If it is not possible to remove your personal data, we will ensure that this data is kept securely, and not shared for additional purposes outside the scope of this notice.
When we use your data for these purposes, our lawful basis is considered to be legitimate interest.
Where your data is stored
When you use this website, we will store your personal data in the UK or European Union or European Economic Area.
When TOWN use your personal data for the purposes described above, it is held electronically in our systems.
When we use third parties to provide services on our behalf, we will send your data to them, and this may be stored outside of the UK or the European Union or European Economic Area. In such cases, we have an obligation to ensure that the appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
How we secure your data
- Under the data protection legislation, we need to keep the data you supply to us secure in a way that maintains its confidentiality. We do this using a number of different methods:
- This data that you supply in this website is encrypted and only certain employees can access it.
- We have policies and procedures in place that tell staff how they must handle your data.
- We only share data where it is necessary and proportionate to do so and always with a contract in place.
- All staff receive training on data protection and how to handle your personal data properly.
- We only collect the personal data we need to fulfil our purposes.
How long we retain your data
How long we keep your data depends on what it is needed for and whether there is any legal obligation to keep it for a specific time period. Where no legal requirement exists, we will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, and you have an ongoing relationship with us. Once we no longer need the data, or it has fulfilled its purpose, we will delete it.
Cookies, analytics and personal data that is collected automatically
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or another electronic device) when you use this website.
When you visit this website, we will automatically collect standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave. The information we collect includes information about users’ internet service provider, the operating system used, browser type, domain name, the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests. This data allows us to find out which parts of the website are popular or need changing.
Who we share your personal data with
We ask third parties to carry out certain functions for us, including for support with our marketing activities.
We use Mailchimp to store personal data on behalf of TOWN enable us to circulate TOWN newsletters, news, publications and events by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information. Currently this is not an option on sunnisidesunderland.com but may become an option in the future. When applicable,
these third parties will process your personal data on our behalf (as our processor). We will disclose your personal data to these parties so that they can perform those functions. Before we disclose your personal data to those parties, we will make sure that they have appropriate security standards in place to make sure your personal data is protected and we will enter into a written contract imposing appropriate security standards on them. Any processors acting on behalf of TOWN are required to comply with this policy. Any information collected by them will be dealt with in accordance with the terms of this policy. When we use processors to provide services, we retain control over the data we send them. We remain responsible for your personal data and we will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.
This website contains links to third-party websites including social media sites. Clicking on any third-party links will allow those third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for how they operate or how they handle your privacy. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
In some contexts, we may share your personal data with organisations that use it for their own specific purposes. These organisations are known as Controllers, and they are responsible for deciding what to do with your data and making sure it’s use is fair, lawful and necessary for their own purposes. There are currently no third-party Controllers. We will also share your personal data with other third parties, as directed by you. We will not otherwise share your information with third parties unless required by law or by court order to do so.
Your information rights
When an organisation processes your personal data, you have rights about how the data is used and managed. Your rights are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to the use of your personal data on this website, please contact [email protected]
When you submit a rights request, we are legally required to verify your identity and once this is done, have one calendar month to comply in most cases. We will keep you informed of the progress of your rights request and ensure that you know what to expect.